Friday, September 17, 2004

Power failures on rainy days... the worst combo

3 hours. 3 HOURS. 3 hours of mind-numbing boredom, on Thursday evening. Why? 'cause some moron (No offense Hobbes)"accidentally" cut the power supply to the whole block where I live, coupled with the heaviest rains to hit us in over a year. Can't go outside, nothing to do inside. Except play on my trusty keyboard... with very, very low powered batteries, enough to run for 10 minutes. I learnt a valuable lesson - 10 minutes of excellent(:D) music is nowhere near enough to overpower 3 hours of heavy rains and electricity.



There was no electricity for 5 hours. But I was bored only for 3. I discovered a new method of venting my boredom. The almighty mobile phone. A Nokia 6610 is not great, but it's good enough. I had never played any game on the 6610 for more than 5 minutes, and yesterday was no better. Maybe it's time I bought a Nokia N-gage. But, no matter what the model, SMS is ever present. Being an RPG Prepaid customer also gave me the privilege of free SMSes. In those 2 hours, I achieved notoriety amongst cell phone spammers. I forwarded nearly every funny/irritating message I had received to everyone on my phone book. I have only one regret... not being able to see the look on the face of the guy I spammed most.



Now that we have full power and dry lands, I have to convince my neighbour to give me his copy of Splinter Cell... that game is phenomenal!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You slept through the everyday sweltering hot Chennai night without electricity. I'm flabbergasted.

    ReplyDelete