Thursday, September 23, 2004

Blogger in the news!

I can't believe I forgot to mention this in my last post. Due to a series of late night programmes on television, I couldn't get up yesterday morning. In fact, I don't think I would have woken up if my mom hadn't said anything. I felt like I was chained down. But my mom used certain words to wake me up. She asked - "Do you have a blog?". I was like "Holy shit!! How did she know?!!". My mind raced with all the consequences. "If she'd found out about my previous blog in which I used my real name, I was sure to be screwed BIG TIME. But that isn't possible is it? I clearly remember deleting that blog. No... it can't be possible. Even if she read my current blog she could in no way ascertain that it was of my doing. I followed all the precautions in "What to Do When Your Mom Discovers Your Blog" by Biz Stone! Oh god I hope this isn't serious...".

After trying to get a hold of myself, I asked her - "Why?". She threw a page of the day's "The Hindu" newspaper at me. One of the articles was about how Blogger had turned Chennai into a rapidly developing Blogosphere. It had some quotes from a few Bloggers from Chennai, mostly about some business blogs. Most of the article was based upon Blogger's recent addition of Adsense in blogs, and how Bloggers could succeed using it.

I never knew it would come to this... neither did I know that Chennai was famous for blogging... I guess now there'll be more Bloggers from here.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I haven't got a single buck from google so far... and I don't think she would find out...

    ReplyDelete