Tuesday, January 10, 2006

You can puke later.

One of the things I dislike about staying alone at home is cleaning up after I've eaten. Sometimes I forget to do away with the leftovers. They just lie on the table for a few days till I notice that the house stinks. That's how I spotted this:


That's rice, cooked and kept in a "microwave-safe" bowl, left unattended for nearly a week. If you're feeling sick after looking at the full size image, be grateful you didn't have to smell it.


UPDATE: Two days afterward, the nasty odour still continued to exist, only a bit more fruity now. The rice was only a partial contributor to it. I found the primary cause - a bag of overripe bananas infested by unidentifiable flying insects.

4 comments:

  1. Aye, a higher, more nauseating plane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assumed that the first comment was a lousy PJ, not a judgement...
    Then again, the previous comment is one too... Drat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum's gotta know this.. I have hope after all.. There is someone worse than me.
    Btw u shud try leaving a little bournvita in ur glass for a week. U get a lovely orange-brown mass with green bubbles. If ur lucky u get blue ones 2.Make sure u use the diluted milk u get at the hostel to get that purrfect effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would involve too much work. I'd have to take Bournvita to the wretched hostel. Not for me.

    ReplyDelete