Friday, December 24, 2004

Why is it always blondes and Sardars who are dumb?

Before you ask, no, I'm not a Sardar or a blonde. But I find it increasingly irritating to read a dumb blonde joke or a Sardarji joke. Nearly every SMS I get these days is a joke based on Sardars.



An example :



"Sardarji was filling up an application form for a job. He promptly filled the columns titled NAME, AGE, ADDRESS etc. Then he came to the column Salary Expected: He was not sure as to what to be filled there. After much thought he wrote: Yes"



We have a couple of Sardars in our College and one of them is quite intelligent. Though I admit, I don't know any bright blondes, but that's probably because I know very few blondes.



Forget dumb Sardars. Ever played the game Grand Theft Auto 3? All the Taxi Drivers in the game are Sardars. There aren't so many Sardars in USA who drive taxis, are there? I wonder what they felt when they played the game...



Update: I had a kind of an adventure last Saturday. I've narrated it at my College Life blog, since it's something that happened on my way back from College.



A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. A Sardar is a person who is a Sikh by religion, most of the time from the state of Punjab, and can be identified by the turban on his head and his lush beard, and his last name will definitely be Singh. The Indian Cricket team's off spinner Harbhajan Singh is an example. I can't believe there aren't any Google definitions for the word; I just tried searching.

    ReplyDelete