Saturday, December 11, 2004

Desires of the Heart

I quite clearly remember my mindset last year. Seeing no valid reason for the existence of this universe and influenced by the sagacity of the sages depicted in epics, I concluded that life is unreal; I lost interest in this material world. I was peacefully content, with no wants whatsoever. I never cared for worldly events.

But things aren't the way they were before. At this point of time, I yearn for a lot of things. Here's a brief list, in no particular order.

I want:

1. To get out of my college's hostel.

2. The best 128 MB AGP card money can buy.

3. A reasonably fast broadband internet connection.

4. The best portable pocket-sized MP3 player.

5. A high resolution digital still camera, bluetooth enabled.

6. A Wi-Fi enabled notebook computer for obvious reasons.

7. The best keyboard(music) ever to hit the market.

8. A violin. Any violin.

9. The money to satisfy wants 2-8.

10. To practice euthanasia on myself provided no one will miss me, there's no such thing as an afterlife, and I'm not reborn.

Actually, a lifetime supply of Pepsi and daily necessities, and a computer with a fast, unlimited internet connection, free for life, would suffice.

Anything you want?

1 comment:

  1. A Ferrari huh... never thought about it. Must be losing my marbles.

    Maybe I should remove that "Note" on the top of the blog...

    ReplyDelete