Wednesday, August 25, 2004

The Laughing Man vs The Ranting Human

Any fan of "Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex" would know the "Laughing Man", being the only "malefactor" whose name springs up in most of the episodes. An intriguing characteristic of the Laughing Man is his famous logo, the one that looks similar to a smiley and has "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes" written around it.

The Laughing Man logo from Ghost in The Shell : Stand Alone Complex
Source : Google Images


The constant recurrence of the Laughing Man logo in the show, combined with my fascination of artistic works(:D) set me thinking... If the Laughing Man can have a logo of his own, so can the Ranting Human! And so, I commenced work on this brainstorm (yeah, right) of mine. But, as luck would have it, this brainstorm was not quite unlike the others; I didn't know what to do next!

Being a bit of a Photoshop enthusiast, I decided to aquire a picture of the Laughing Man logo and modify it to my needs... a bad idea. The Laughing Man was nowhere near the likes of me, a totally different persona. Back to the drawing board, literally.

This time, I gave it a lot of thought. I came up with a bundle of weird ideas, (not worth mentioning here) but in the end, it doesn't even matter - too much Linkin Park I guess. Actually, in the end, I DID create a logo. Check it out:

I'm not going to elaborate on how I went about doing it... an artist never reveals his secrets( or does he?)

No comments:

Post a Comment