Thursday, August 26, 2004

Some Bloggers really do abandon their blogs...

I first became a blogger somewhere in February of this year, and had 3 blogs to my name back then. Out of those 3, one had only one post, another had about 10 (it was a team blog). The third blog was something I was dedicated to; it was a kind of diary. I mostly kept track of daily happenings and activities. After a month or so, I became busy with a lot of things, and completely forgot about these three blogs of mine.

This month, before I created this blog, I was hit on the head by the other member of that team blog. He wanted to develop the blog further. After a long conference, we decided not to. But I wanted to continue my personal blog, so I went back to that diary of mine.

As I read each post, I became more and more aware of how much information I had given away in that blog. It could make some one invade my privacy (though I really don't have it anymore these days). The instant reaction of mine was to delete that blog, a reaction that I now deeply, deeply regret. I had started that blog to remember my past if I survived long enough to read it later. Now it has gone. I have most certainly given up on that first blog and my personal blog, but I'm not sure about the team blog yet.

I've recently found out that I'm not alone in the field of abandoning blogs. The new Blogger NavBar has opened the way to dozens of deserted blogs, most of them having only one post, posted way back in March or June. Many of these bloggers have just posted a message saying "Testing".

Forget old blogs. Look at the relatively new ones, the ones started in mid June to end July. Even these have just one message, testing this blogging "thingie". What happened later? Did the blogger find no time to blog? Or was it lack of interest? I guess the answer would vary from person to person. At least these bloggers should have the courtesy to delete the blogs like I did, so that someone else who really has an interest in blogging can have that url (oh boy, here I go again).

What exactly am I doing this for? Oops, wrong question. I hate answering questions like that. In fact, if someone asks me a question like that, I get angry. REAL angry. Angry enough to make someone cry or to break a piece of furniture. I feel that by blogging, my energy gets used up, and none of it is left to make me angry. Or at least I hope it does, or someone's going to be sorry...

(In case you were wondering, this is my fourth blog)

1 comment:

  1. I was using my real name back then...

    ReplyDelete