Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Pranic Healing is a load of old guff.

So I said I would update more frequently. And I did. Maybe not here, but I managed to update College Life last week. Check that out once in a while, and then complain.

If you're one of those "spiritually inclined" people constantly on the look out for new avenues in the field (of "spiritual inclination", of course), you've probably heard of Pranic healing, and the guy who's been yakking his mouth all over the place about it, the so-called "Master" Choa Kok Sui. Now, I wouldn't have cared if this Chopsuey fellow went around spreading the message of Pranic healing if he didn't bother me in any way. But by some hellish coincidence, his path crossed mine.

It was a couple of years ago, in Dubai. The local newspaper started it all. What seemed to be a harmless advertisement ended up dragging me all the way to a congregation of Pranic healing fans with my parents. Choa Kok Sui was giving a speech that night. My mom actually believed all of what he said, and became an ardent Pranic healer soon after. Hell, she even has a degree or two to prove it.

So why is Pranic healing a load of old guff? Well, that very year, I had this problem with my leg. It hurt if I stood for a few minutes. My mom isn’t exactly an “advanced” Pranic healer, so she asked one of her “advanced” Pranic healing friends to diagnose my problem. And what did they come up with? STRESS! A 17 year old, who couldn’t care less about himself or the world around him, was under STRESS, which caused the pain in the leg. Sheesh.

After visiting 3 good physicians, the root of the pain was found to be a slipped disk in my back which was pressing a nerve which went down to my leg. It’s a friggin SLIP DISK, you morons! Not STRESS!!!

Phew, that felt good.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, Pranic healing doesn't have any kind of oil, and it isn't an alternative to medicine, it's something that complements it; at least that's what they claim. In fact, it doesn't involve any kind of physical contact, Teja and Hobbes. Apparently, a person can "heal" another even if they're miles apart.

    And Max, I don't do favours. YOU of all people ought to know how lazy I am.

    And so it is, Rads.

    ReplyDelete